If you’re looking for a delicious and easy meal to make, chicken skewers are the perfect choice! Not only are they packed with flavour, but they’re also a great way to get your daily dose of protein. These juicy chicken skewers will impress your friends and family at your next BBQ or gathering. We will walk you through step-by-step instructions on how to make a mouth-watering chicken skewers recipe that is sure to be a hit.
- 1 1/2 Pounds boneless, skinless chickenbreasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- In a large bowl, you will need to whisk together the olive oil, minced garlic, honey, lemon juice, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chicken cubes to the marinade and toss them to coat well. Thereafter, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours (this will allow the chicken breasts to soak up the marinade thus giving them a beautiful flavour).
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Thread the chicken onto the soaked wooden skewers, leaving a littlespace between each piece.
- Grill the skewers for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown on all sides.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
- Optional: for a more colourful and flavourful dish, you can add sliced onions, bell peppers, or other vegetables to the skewers (basically, you can add any vegetable you desire) You can also brush the skewers with the marinade during cooking for an extra burst of flavour.
- Soaking the wooden skewers in water before grilling will prevent them from burning.
- You can also use metal skewers if you prefer.
- If you're short on time, you can marinate the chicken and vegetables in the spice mixture for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- Feel free to add other vegetables to the skewers, such as mushrooms or zucchini, for extra flavour and nutrition.
These chicken skewers are a delicious and healthy meal that you can enjoy any time of the year. The chicken skewers marinade adds a ton of flavour and the vegetables add a nice crunch and colour. Whether you’re grilling them for a backyard BBQ or cooking them indoors on a grill pan, these chicken skewers are sure to be a hit!