Indulge in the rich and robust flavours of the Mediterranean with our delectable garlic shrimp skewers! Succulent, juicy shrimp marinated in an exquisite blend of aromatic herbs and spices, and char-grilled to perfection, these garlic shrimp recipe are a culinary delight that are sure to tantalize your taste buds.
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Begin by marinating the shrimp. In a largebowl, whisk together the minced garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, chopped parsley, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Thereafter, add the peeled and deveined shrimp to the marinade, toss to coat, and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Allow the shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Thread the marinated shrimp onto the wooden skewers, making sure to leave enough space between each piece for even cooking.
- Grill the shrimp skewers for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the shrimp are pink and opaque. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp, as they can become tough and rubbery.
- Transfer the shrimp skewers to a platter and garnish with additional chopped parsley and lemon wedges, if desired. Serve hot and enjoy!
Our garlic shrimp skewers recipe is an effortless yet impressive dish that is perfect for any occasion. Bursting with bold and savoury flavours, it’s a simple but sophisticated way to enjoy the succulent taste of shrimp in a Mediterranean-inspired way. So why not try this recipe today and experience the tantalizing flavours of the Mediterranean, whether it’s for a fancy dinner party or a casual gathering.